Hi,

I am attempting to get a package into Debian. I have it packaged and
accepted into unstable but due to a dependency on python-oauth2 it has
been held back from entering testing.

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/python-oauth2

There are two open security problems with python-oauth2. It has been
removed from testing also and will not be in the next stable release of
Debian unless these bugs are fixed.

irl@orbiter:~$ apt-cache rdepends python-oauth2
python-oauth2
Reverse Depends:
  turses
  python-django-social-auth
  python-keystone
  python-django-oauth-plus
  python-djangorestframework
  python-django-social-auth

There are also a number of packages that depend on python-oauth2 that
will disappear on the next stable release.

Is there currently any effort to patch these problems in python-oauth2?
I notice these bugs were filed on the 13th Sep 2013. There has been no
activity in the python-oauth2 on GitHub in over 2 years as far as I can see.

If there is no effort to fix these bugs, could someone recommend an
alternative package to depend on to provide OAuth2 client functionality
for a Python module? I think upstream would likely be willing to
refactor for the new library.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
urn:x-human:Iain R. Learmonth
http://iain.learmonth.me/

GPG Fingerprint: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49
Please verify out-of-band before trusting with sensitive information.

[[[ To any GCHQ or other security service agents reading my email: ]]]
[[[ Please consider if any professional body code of conduct to    ]]]
[[[ which you subscribe requires you to follow Snowden's example.  ]]]
[[[ Your professional membership, chartered or incorporated status ]]]
[[[ may be at risk.                                                ]]]