> > The most proper packaging would require grunt to be able to rebuild
> > bokeh.js. I was wondering if releasing the pypi version would be good
> > enough. (The package does at least contain a non-minimized version of
> > bokeh.js)
> I'm not sure about this, but it looks like the Bokeh source is a
> huge directory of coffeescript files, while the resulting
> bokeh.js is not the source code. So build is: 1. coffee -> js
> 2. concat all js. Maybe its possible without grunt, just like
> Antonio did with jQuery?

That's a good idea. I'll investigate.

> Yes, but please fix the long description. It starts with
> "Abstract Rendering takes the opposite approach:" which confused
> me :~)

Good point

> > Should I work on getting
> > blaze submitted?
>
> If blaze is only needed for the tests, I suggest to postpone it.
> (What is blaze anyway?)

As far as I could tell blaze is an implementation of a subset of the
numpy/pandas API for talking to like databases and csv files

http://blaze.pydata.org/en/latest/

There's several things that spun off and became dependencies of blaze.
Probably one of the cooler is Dask. which is multi-core/out of memory numpy
arrays & pandas dataframes with some kind of remote execution scheduler.
http://dask.pydata.org/en/latest/#