Yaroslav Halchenko <deb...@onerussian.com> writes:

> sorry if I came late to the discussion and missing the point, but
> pybuild/dh-python already has some tests discovery mechanisms

Have another read of the thread: this is not about running the upstream
test suite.

It is about making a standard “smoke test”, i.e. a simple “is this
package actually installed?” test.

Now that the code exists and seems to be meeting with approval, I'd like
it to be part of an appropriate Debhelper step or some other equivalent
“add this to the package while building it” hook.

--
 \          “Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better |
  `\                                          time.” —Henry L. Mencken |