Piotr Ożarowski <pi...@debian.org> writes:
> [W. Martin Borgert, 2018-02-07]
>> And how about merging the modules and apps teams into one?
>
> I don't understand this, though. Why you want to merge them?
> Sure, packaging Python applications is very similar to packaging
> libraries but the difference is very significant - unfortunately many
> application maintainers don't know or care about it and pollute global
> Python namespace with private libraries.

So, why would you like to keep them separate?

> If not separated at team level, I definitely want to have them somehow
> separated at repository level so that it's clear which package is which
> type or to easily checkout libraries only.

At least in the field where I package (astronomy), this does not work:
many of our packages are libraries *and* apps. Often they come as a big
(public) library with a small startup wrapper, and it is a matter of
taste (and of how deep an astronomer digs into Python) whether it is
used from the shell or from a Jupyter notebook.

The rules for both are (should be) the same, right? So, what is the
difference?

Best regards

Ole