Mattia Rizzolo <mat...@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 08:30:28PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> This would remove one dependent party (release team) from the chain of
>> blocking causes for the migration.
>
> Given your email on -mentors a few minutes ago I see there are troubles
> on removing python-astropy from unstable (I'll reply to that in a bit),
> but for testing is quite easy.
> Just file a bug against release.debian.org asking to remove it from
> testing, and one against python-astropy at RC-level with "not release
> with buster", and it will be out of testing beofore you even notice.

The reverse build deps of python-astropy in testing are pyregion and
veusz. Veusz has the build-dep removed in unstable, but didn't migrate
since 192 days. Pyregion just got an upload with a fix, but will
probably only migrate after numpy (which will not migrate until
python-astropy is removed).

Now it turns out that there is a new migration problem, which is aplpy:
Current aplpy (2.0~rc2-2) CI test works well

 - with numpy-1.15.4-2 (testing) and matplotlib-2.2.2-4 (testing),
 - with numpy-1.16.0~rc2-1 (unstable) and matplotlib-3.0.2-2 (unstable).

However it does not work well when combining numpy-1.16.0~rc2 (unstable)
and matplotlib-2.2.2-4 (testing), which is the combination that is
tested for migration of numpy. Needless to say that matplotlib migrates
only after numpy. What should one do here? Declaring another
"Breaks: matplotlib (<< 3.0)" in numpy?

Best

Ole