Thomas Goirand writes:
> On 7/7/19 5:31 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> you can start dropping it now, however please don't drop anything yet with
>> reverse dependencies.  So leaf packages first.
>
> I'm sorry, but I think I need to contest this. Doing things in order,
> first leaf, then go all the way back, will take too long, and this is
> IMO unnecessary effort. Older binary packages will anyway stay in the
> archive as long as they are needed, and no FTP hint is added (please
> correct me if I'm wrong here... but that's what I saw in the past).

Packages usually don't migrate to testing if they cause packages to be
uninstallable which will happen if you start breaking reverse
dependencies.  Will that be the case here?

> You've done some pretty destructive transitions yourself for other
> stuff, so why should we bother on this simple case?

Removing an entire language isn't a simple case, even less so when
doesn't mean we just remove all packages written in said language (as
the source packages all build for a different language as well).

Ansgar