On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 07:42:15PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> for some reason I do not understand are the dependencies of the
> binary package
>
> Depends: python3-numpy (>= 1:1.16.0~rc1), python3-numpy-abi9, python3:any,
> python:any
>

> How can I get rid of the python:any dependency?
You ship a Python 2 script, /usr/bin/tifffile. It also doesn't work, for
obvious reasons. Fix its shebang. It would also be a good idea to test it
before the last upload, but as nobody noticed that the package doesn't
work since it was broken in December and got into buster, maybe it should
just be RMed? I've just filed an RC bug for it.

Also, my understanding is that public modules should be packaged
separately as python3-foo packages and private modules should be put into
private paths, but this package ships a public module and the changelog
entry says "The package does not really provide a Python module for
inclusion into other projects." See
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/programs.html#current_version_progs

--
WBR, wRAR