Hi Andrey,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:06:22PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> > Depends: python3-numpy (>= 1:1.16.0~rc1), python3-numpy-abi9, python3:any,
> > python:any
> >

> > How can I get rid of the python:any dependency?
> You ship a Python 2 script, /usr/bin/tifffile. It also doesn't work, for
> obvious reasons. Fix its shebang.

Argh.  Thanks a lot for opening my eyes.

> It would also be a good idea to test it
> before the last upload, but as nobody noticed that the package doesn't
> work since it was broken in December and got into buster, maybe it should
> just be RMed?

Good question.  I admit I'm actually a bit pissed since the former
maintainer introduced several packages into the team and than
simply left the team.  I tried my best to get the packages in a
decent state but in this case failed obviously.  I've just checked
popcon of "vote" which is not really amazing.

> I've just filed an RC bug for it.

Fixed in new upload.

> Also, my understanding is that public modules should be packaged
> separately as python3-foo packages and private modules should be put into
> private paths, but this package ships a public module and the changelog
> entry says "The package does not really provide a Python module for
> inclusion into other projects." See
> https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/programs.html#current_version_progs

Thanks for the hint.  I admit I try to concentrate on other Python3
migration issues.  In case some more problems come up with tifffile I'll
reconsider RM.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--