On 2021-11-27 08 h 54, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> Hi Sandro (2021.11.27_06:01:08_+0000)
>
>> Hello,
>> while working on something else[1], i noticed how many of the
>> repositories in the DPT salsa group are in poor shape:
>>
>> * missing branches
>> * changes not pushed to salsa
>> * general misalignment in configuration/setup/organization
>> * many other small nuances
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/sandrotosi/debian-python-team-tracker
>
> +1 this is great!

\0/

I've been wanting something for QA like that for a while, but never had
the time / energy to look into it further. All in all, it's too easy to
forget to push something to Salsa and never realise it.

>> please take the content with caution, as it's still an early, raw
>> draft (i spot-checked some of the reported issues, but there could be
>> bugs/issues) and it contains data that can be outdated (see below re
>> caching); the fact that the report indicates only 43 repos are without
>> violations is a bit disarming, but i think the tool tries to err on
>> the side of verbosity and pedantry, with 2 level of violations (ERROR
>> and WARNING) to mark which ones are the most important that require
>> immediate attention vs the nice-to-have ones.
>
> When we did the migration to git, there weren't good tools for managing
> the setup of the salsa repos (hooks, etc.) yet.  I'd assume those exist
> now, we should check in with what other teams are doing. That stuff can
> all be fixed in one run of a tool, I'd assume.

Could this become part of the Debian Janitor at some point?

I could see teams adding a per-team config file to check things like
what branch names should be expected, etc. and the Janitor fixing all
this if it has commit access.

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau