On Monday, January 3, 2022 3:13:23 PM EST Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> On 2022-01-03 01 h 30, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>
> > Since this is all about team Git repositories, someone should just fix
> > them
 (modulo the one about using pypi, which I think we mostly agree
> > isn't something someone unfamiliar with the package can 'fix').
>
> But that doesn't prevent future errors from popping up and doesn't make
> maintainers aware of their errors (so they can learn from it).
>
> I think the "perfect" solution would be to have an automated tool (aka
> janitor) fixing these automatically, but this would require more work.

The first step if we think these things should be the standard for team
repositories is to document it.  Personally, I would look here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#Creating_new_repositories

At least for me, a good explanation of what to do in the documentation would
be much more valuable than a bug report.  Approximately all  of the team
repositories I've created are "wrong" because I followed the documentation.

Scott K