Dear Jonas,

I note that there is currently a serious bug against both
python-pytest-asyncio and pytest-mock
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1006736), and this
bug is preventing the migration of several major packages to testing.
I also note that the current Debian version of python-pytest-asyncio
is 0.16.0 while the upstream version is already 0.18.3; this may
(partly) address some of the issues.

Currently python-pytest-asyncio is maintained just by you.  I wonder
whether you would be willing to move this to the Debian Python Team's
shared repository on salsa and transfer the maintainership to the
team, with you as primary uploader?  (Most of the pytest-* packages
are already team-maintained.)  It's a very friendly team, and the
mailing list is quite low volume.  It would also mean that if there is
an issue like this that you don't have the time to deal with, someone
else from the team would be able to upload a new version of the
package for you.

The team policy is here:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
and you can read more here: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonTeam/