On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 07:54:11 -0300
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> El 19 feb. 2018 4:15 a.m., "wm4" <nfx...@googlemail.com> escribió:
>
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 15:25:35 -0300
> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been digging around and:
> >
> > - One user (wm4, CCed) reported that the fix broke his setup. wm4: can you
> > please test -12 with a new user without any change to any setup?
> >
> > - One user that did not see any change (Vincent, CCed).
> >
> > - One user and fellow developer Dmitry (auto CCed) which found that for
> him
> > -12 works better than -10. He also tested that using
> >
> >   QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
> >
> > makes VLC work as -12 without that variable set in both -10 or -12,
> meaning
> > that the patch indeed helps him.
> >
> > wm4, Vincent: can you try setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 ? mw4: in
> your
> > case I would like you to test in your normal user and in the new user I
> asked
> > you about above.
> >
> > I acknowledge that the bug is still there, but as long as we do not have
> > strong evidence that it backfires for most people we will keep it around
> until
> > upstream finds a proper fix.
> >
> > Cheers, Lisandro.
> >

> No combination of these environment variables restores behavior. Please
> unbreak this.
>

> That's totally strange because that environment variable is supposed to
> override that value. Have you tried by creating a new user?

Yeah, that is strange. I didn't create a new user, because that would
change nothing. I made sure to override all environment variables for
the test. I can't test anymore because after fighting Debian's
absolutely crappy package manager to make it downgrade to testing's
Qt packages, it works again. (And I'll defend my word choice "crappy".
Why can't it figure out transitive dependencies? It's just bad.
aptitude didn't behave better.)