Hi,

Control: severity -1 wishlist

Hi Thorsten!

El jue., 26 de jul. de 2018 14:03, Thorsten Glaser <t...@mirbsd.de> escribió:

Source: qttools-opensource-src
Version: 5.11.1-3
Severity: important
Justification: fails to build from source (but built successfully in the
past), on d-ports arches

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=qttools-opensource-src

LLVM/clang simply is not available for many Debian architectures
as it’s not portable. Please drop the B-D for these architectures.

I haven't looked at the code but it seems that this dependency is now
required in order to build qdoc, so reducing the severity to wishlist.

I don't know if it's possible at all to build everything but qdoc. And the
effect of this could be many packages starting to FTBFS.

This page states that:

 http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/gettingstarted.html

 Note: From Qt 5.11, QDoc requires clang from LLVM 3.9 for parsing C++
 header and source files, and for parsing the function signatures in
 \fn commands. See Installing clang for QDoc for details.

However, if it can be built without these doc tools, for example using
Adrian's patch, it would be very nice to try.

Not sure if it will break many packages (for these arches), packages
might assume that qdoc tools are there, but the alternative is at least
equally bad, and potentially worse.

I think that this is similar to the case discussed in #897667, not being
able to build qt4-x11 makes big portions of the archive unbuildable,
many thousands of packages.  Not being able to build
qttools-opensource-src will have a similar effect, I think.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montez...@gmail.com>