El viernes, 27 de julio de 2018 09:24:46 -03 Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo
escribió:
> Hi,

Hi Manuel!

[snip]
> This page states that:
>
>   http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/gettingstarted.html
>
>   Note: From Qt 5.11, QDoc requires clang from LLVM 3.9 for parsing C++
>   header and source files, and for parsing the function signatures in
>   \fn commands. See Installing clang for QDoc for details.
>
> However, if it can be built without these doc tools, for example using
> Adrian's patch, it would be very nice to try.
>
> Not sure if it will break many packages (for these arches), packages
> might assume that qdoc tools are there, but the alternative is at least
> equally bad, and potentially worse.

It will also mean that we Qt maintainers will start receiving valid bugs.
Considering the ratio of work and manpower we have now it's not something we
would like to deal with. Now if you can somehow chime in here, well, we can
make an arrangement of some type I guess.

Maybe by opening a bug due to qdoc removal on some archs might help, you could
subscribe there if needed.

> I think that this is similar to the case discussed in #897667, not being
> able to build qt4-x11 makes big portions of the archive unbuildable,
> many thousands of packages.  Not being able to build
> qttools-opensource-src will have a similar effect, I think.

Yes, I'm afraid so. But first we would need patches. I doubt John's patch will
work as I think Dmitry built the package first, FTBFS and then he added the
llvm dependency. And if qdoc is not being built the .install files need also
adjustment.

But again, I'll be happy to be shown otherwise.

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
 -- Groucho Marx

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/