Charles Plessy:
> Le Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 11:25:23PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
>>
>> Actually the rebuild was not enough and today I finally understood that
>> r-bioc-xvector also needs a rebuild (despite its own regression tests
>> did not fail).  Unfortunately R in Sid is now ahead of Testing, and the
>> Debian build system that we use will force a dependency on Sid's version
>> if it goes on the usuall buildds.
>>
>> Is it possible to binNMU in Testing, or shall I upload a source update to
>> testing-proposed-updates ?
>
> Hello Niels and everybody,
>
> I just uploaded r-bioc-xvector to testing-proposed-updates.  I checked
> in a clean chroot that the amd64 package that I built resolves the
> breakage of its downstream dependency r-bioc-rsamtools (whose autopkg
> tests fail with the current r-bioc-xvector).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for following up on this issue.

We need unstable to have higher version than testing.  Therefore we
cannot use the tpu upload (as-is) because it would violate that rule.  I
will try to solve this with some binNMU magic.  Failing that, we will
need an upload of r-bioc-xvector to ensure that the versions align
correctly.

I will be in touch. :)

Thanks,
~Niels