# control@ BCC'ed as well
clone 864201 -1
reassign -1 release-notes
retitle -1 release-notes: Document dblatex upgrade issue [stretch]
tags -1 - jessie moreinfo
thanks

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for filing this issue.  I have cloned a copy of it to the
release-notes as it is too late to fix in jessie before the stretch release.

Adam D. Barratt:
> [...]
> On 2017-06-05 9:08, Andreas Hoenen wrote:
>> Package: release.debian.org
>> Severity: important
>>
>> [...]
>> It has been reported that jessie-stretch dist-upgrades abort because
>> of the dblatex postrm script failing: it calls texlive-binaries
>> command mktexlsr which is unavailable at this very moment.
>>
>> The fix is simple, but needs to be applied to the jessie version of
>> dblatex.
>
> The same issue appears to apply to the dblatex package in unstable,
> which means it needs fixing there first.
>
> [...]
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

It would be great if this could be fixed in stretch for r0.  Else, we
will need the same cave in the release-notes for stretch -> buster as well.

Beyond that, what are the work arounds for this?

 * Remove dblatex, upgrade and then install it again?

 * [After the fix in jessie] Upgrade to latest jessie point release
   and then upgrade to stretch.

 * Any other?

Thanks,
~Niels