> [...]
> I admit your explanation was interesting in general but I have no idea
> what practical implications it has to fix this bug.  In short:  I have
> no idea what to do now.

Just rebuilding the thing should do the job - bonus points for having
the static library -dev package depend on libphobos2-ldc-dev.
Even more points for maybe making this a dynamic library, which can be
done just by switching the static_library Meson directive to
"library". This will require packaging changes though. Ideally in that
case you also want to version the library, just look at how other
Meson projects do that.

It looks like there was no proper transition slot for LDC requested,
which likely was my fault (for some reason LDC migrated though, which
is odd).

Cheers,
    Matthias

P.S: Will you be at Debconf?