On 12 October 2017 at 14:38, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
| Hello,
|
| >s/you/Seb/   to make it correct.  Not my transition at all.
|
| who-uploads r-base
| Uploads for r-base:
| 3.4.2-1 to unstable: Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org>
| 3.4.1.20170921-1 to unstable: Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org>
| 3.4.1-2 to unstable: Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org>

In reverse order:
  3.4.1 released in June, still handicapped by the bullshit non-bug report by
     Johannes that lead to all this
  3.4.1.20170921 standard one-week pre-release RC build
  3.4.2 released Sep 28 on the announced date after weeks of planning

The "tag" you kids you badly wanted was introduced with 3.4.2, and hence as a
test with the to-be-replaced-anyway 3.4.1.20170921.

In short, you seem to not really know what you're talking about.  But at
least you make up for in volume.

| yes, I would say this is *your* transition.

No, I played along as maintainer of r-base when my still-simpler approach was
rejected.  The transition was argued for, and then handled, by other people.
That is still not "my transition".

Dirk

| You tried your best to make it go in testing (even if you seems to be trying
to hide it), and once you got
| the ack you continued to do uploads, delaying it and forcing Release Team to
urgent packages with zero
| day delays.
|
| Waiting some more days would have made people happier, and things better
(e.g. packages migrating with some

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org