Hi,

Here is a status update about the r-base 3.4 transition.

All packages have been recompiled against R 3.4, and almost all of them have
reached the required age before testing migration becomes possible.

There are still a couple of blockers, given by britney's output (in the second
autohint):

    * amd64: r-cran-maldiquantforeign, r-cran-readbrukerflexdata,
r-cran-vcdextra
    * i386: r-cran-maldiquantforeign, r-cran-readbrukerflexdata, r-cran-vcdextra
    * armel: r-cran-knitr

The reasons are as follows:
- r-cran-vcdextra is too young (I had to upload it yesterday because of
  #878010)
- r-cran-readbrukerflexdata is too young (it was uploaded with urgency=low)
- r-cran-maldiquantforeign depends on the previous one
- r-cran-knitr was uninstallable on armel, because node.js is no longer
  available on that arch. I made a new upload of r-cran-knitr that makes the
  package FTBFS on armel, and I filed an RM removal for armel (#878062) (I
  asked for fast processing on #-ftp)

So we're almost there (and a couple of age-days or testing-RM could help finish
it faster, but of course it's up to the Release Team).

In the meantime, please everyone refrain from making any R-related upload, that
would only delay the transition.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot