Package: release.debian.org
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: tools
Severity: wishlist

In order to avoid surprises, and because history teaches us that
relying on people to manually check things is doomed to fail, it would
be useful to have a number of reports on the state of the archive
generated and the results e-mailed to us regularly. It may also be
worth considering having the results made available via the release.d.o
web site.

(During initial discussions, the suggestion was a daily status diff
with a full report being sent weekly.)

The set of reports I thought of so far were:

- packages in NEW destined for pu (I have an SQL query for this
already, if it helps)
- packages in stable-updates with older versions than those in stable
- packages in stable-updates where the package has been removed from
stable
- packages in stable-security where the package has been removed from
stable (already available online as part of the queue-viewer output,
but still requires someone to check)

In each case, "stable" should be read as "stable and oldstable (while
supported).

Regards,

Adam