Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
Tags: stretch
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: pu
Control: block 888909 with -1

Hi,

please allow the upgrade of nvidia-persistenced in stretch to a new
upstream release matching the updated nvidia-graphics-drivers package.
Since we build the driver components that are available as source
ourselves (as separate packages) instead of shipping the binaries from
the nvidia-graphics-drivers blob package, we will have to update several
packages in stable this time. Mixing the driver component (major)
versions is untested and likely unsupported by upstream (there are
usually no relevant code changes between the minor releases of the same
major series, only between different major branches).

This is a rebuild of the package from sid with no further changes
needed. It is also available in stretch-backports for a month without
any problems being reported.

Andreas