On 01/03/18 22:31, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
>
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to request a transition for curl in order to unblock the migration
> to OpenSSL 1.1 (#871056). This is necessary due to the fact that the curl ABI
> exposes a structure inherited from libssl itself, which was changed in the 1.1
> update (see #844018 for more information).

I was looking at this in order to ack it. However I've noticed that libcurl4
conflicts against libcurl3. Why is that? That's going to make the transition
hard, can it be removed?

Hmm, I just realised libcurl3 ships libcurl.so.4, so that explains the conflict.
I just found the rationale for this in
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/curl/merge_requests/2. That means this will have
to wait until there are no conflicting ongoing transitions. I will ack this when
that time comes.

Cheers,
Emilio