Control: tags -1 + moreinfo

Hi,

Not commenting on the specific patch at this point, but a few points of
procedure.

On Fri, 2018-08-03 at 22:08 +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> Filing this bug to open a dialogue with you about updating the weboob
> package in Stretch to fix #905299 ("includes homophobic comments and
> insults the user")

The metadata for that bug suggests that the issue still affects
unstable. Assuming that's correct, that needs addressing first. (If
it's not, the metadata should be updated with an appropriate fixed
version.)

> This has been fixed upstream. I've prepared an initial backported
> patch[1], but it needs updating to close the right bug number (this
> one),

Nope. The bug against release.d.o is closed by us once the package has
been included in a point release, not by the upload. The bug an upload
should be closing is #905299.

> possibly change the version number (I used NMU scheme so far),
> replace UNRELEASED with the correct suite (which is what for s-p-u?).

As per the Dev Ref and (possibly too infrequent) dda reminders, the
version should be (stable)+deb9u1, and the suite "stretch".

[...]
> This bug is also present in oldstable, and old-oldstable. I've done a
> preliminary patch for oldstable too[2], the same caveats apply. I
> intend to request an oldstable update in just the same way as I have
> here for Stretch.

oldstable (jessie) is no longer managed by the Release Team, but has
been in the hands of the LTS team since mid-June, as per https://lists.
debian.org/debian-security-announce/2018/msg00132.html

> Is old-oldstable archived? It appears not, but, are there any plans
> for another point release? In other words, should I file another bug
> to manage an old-oldstable update to fix this?

There are no point releases for any release other than stretch at this
point. oldoldstable (i.e. wheezy) has been entirely out of (LTS)
support since the end of May this year (c.f. https://www.debian.org/New
s/2018/20180601).

Regards,

Adam