Dear all,

To be sure, I don't want to block/delay anything here, I just want
autopkgtests to be taken seriously. If you as the maintainer of
ktexteditor say please ignore my test for migration, who am I to say
you're wrong. However, you have also added that test for a reason.

On 06-08-18 15:33, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> I used i, d, v, y, shift+p. I even retried them just now in case I missed
> something.

What does idvyP (insert mode; add characters d v y P) have to do with
the failing test case? Lot's of vim code seems to go all right, there is
only 1 regression.

> I might be missing something, but at this point:
>
> - If there is a regression:
>
>     * it would be small and can be worked around by using the normal editing
>       mode.

As long as this is the only thing, I agree with you, but if you don't
know what's wrong you don't actually know. (Albeit the amount of passing
tests says something, but once you let this one into testing, the whole
autopkgtest of ktexteditor becomes worthless until this issue is fixed
somehow).

>     * odds are highly on the bug-on-kdepim side, as Qt 5.11.1 is just a patch
>       release of 5.11.0 which has been shipped in other distros for months
>       already (we skip even releases due to the fact that we need to do
>       transitions).

I don't know which package you exactly mean with kdepim as that is a
meta-package that is the same in unstable and testing since 2018-06-10.
All source packages with kdepim in the name are also the same in
unstable and testing (haven't checked binary rebuilds). But if the
package you are really referring to is the same in unstable and testing,
it can't cause the regression. Is it the same? If so, than the
regression isn't a bug there. If not, maybe we can investigate (by
testing) and check if that needs its migration blocked or delayed.

>     * If the bug is in kdepim then the best way to solve it would be to psuh a
>       new version, for which we need a transition.

And delay or prevent the version in unstable from migrating to testing?
Depending on severity I guess.

> - No users have complained about this so far, and we do have lots of users
> using unstable and reporting bugs. This has proven to be a nice regression
> method so far ;-)

Of course.

> So I think the best way to go here is just let Qt migrate.

In 3 days that happens if we don't do anything. I'll let the RT judge if
that is worth waiting for or if migration is more urgent.

Paul