On 2021-04-19 21:15:06 [+0100], Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > I guess the diff against the current buster package is quite large
> > > by
> > > this point?
> >
> > What do you mean by this point? We did full clamav uploads in the
> > past.
> > Please excuse if I miss something obvious.
>
> Sorry, that may have been poor phrasing on my part. I simply meant
> between the current and proposed packages, as we're changing the
> upstream major version tree being followed.

Correct, we advance from 102 to 103. The 102 series seems not to be
updated anymore. As I tried to argue why I don't think it that is enough
to backport that one CVE that also applies to 102 (as done by the LTS
team) it terms of security and support.
This is not the first time that a major version is advanced within a
stable update. We did have 0.101.2+dfsg-1+deb10u1 before it was updated
to 102. Stretch went from 0.99.2+dfsg-6+deb9u1 to 0.102.3+dfsg-0~deb9u1
(not counting LTS).

> Regards,
>
> Adam

Sebastian