Hi,

On 1/1/22 00:01, Paul Gevers wrote:
It seems I don't understand how PHP packaging works. I scheduled rebuilds of several packages that were yesterday on the tracker page [1] when that still only had the phpapi-* listed. Several packages can't be build yet it seems (because they depend on packages that need new uploads), but e.g. wikidiff2 built fine *but disappeared* from the tracker. I looked at a build log [2] and noticed that the binary has files in /etc/php8.1 (and not in /etc/php7.4), but doesn't tell otherwise (in package relations) that it's meant for php8.1 and not for php7.4. Why did that phpapi-* thing disappear? Is that intended? The built binaries already migrated to testing, while the default there is still php7.4. I assume we can consider php-wikidiff2 (partially?) broken now *in testing*? Same for php-luasandbox [3], php-geos [4], and php-excimer [5] (which also FTBFS on mipsel).

Previously the dh_php step would add the phpapi-<date> dependency, however this was removed[1] and the new php<version>-common dependency is added via pkg-pecl.mk[2]. The packaging for wikidiff2/luasandbox/excimer/wmerrors (all basically identical) only uses the dh_php step, and not pkg-pecl.mk.

If it's intentional that using dh_php alone is no longer enough, I can figure out how to switch those to using pkg-pecl.mk, though last I checked it wasn't straightforward to use for packages not actually on PECL, which is still the case for wikidiff2/wmerrors.

The php-excimer test failure on mipsel is most likely just a race condition in the test, I'll look into it in the next few days.

Some rebuilds failed, e.g. php-horde-lz4 [6], php-wmerrors [7], owfs [8].

I filed [3] upstream for wmerrors, will poke the author if I can't figure out the fix myself.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/php-team/dh-php/-/commit/87f1657c1b26ad10b7cb919336d998b59d137313 [2] https://salsa.debian.org/php-team/dh-php/-/commit/fdea4536adfbb28fb55ac3e3d0a247faae2b597b

-- Kunal