Hi all,

Le 20/09/2023 à 09:44, Sebastian Ramacher a écrit :
Good. Please go ahead

I've uploaded ocaml 4.14.1-1 3 days ago, then uploaded camlp4, ocamlnet, a few other arch:all packages that could not be binNMUed, and binNMUed all the rest.

All packages, except the ones I had already spotted during my test rebuild, built fine on all release architectures:

  https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/ocaml.html

scilab's status is unrelated to this transition; there are open RC bugs for the other "bad" packages:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=ocaml-4.14.1-transition;users=debian-ocaml-ma...@lists.debian.org

The following packages should be removed from testing for now:

  gmetadom otags xmlrpc-light mlpost ulex0.8 ocamlviz

There is also another issue I didn't foresee: the binary package libllvm-13-ocaml-dev would be broken in testing by the migration of ocaml 4.14.1. Its source package, llvm-toolchain-13, has been removed from unstable and cannot be removed from testing because of... Haskell!

libllvm-13-ocaml-dev has no reverse dependencies, though... Is it possible to remove just this one from testing as well? Or to explicitly allow its breakage?

The transition is also looking good on riscv64. For the convenience of riscv porters, I've set up a transition tracker for OCaml packages on this architecture:

  https://people.debian.org/~glondu/ben/ocaml.html

Cheers,

--
Stéphane