Am 03.08.2016 um 22:41 schrieb Julien Cristau:
> On Wed, Aug  3, 2016 at 22:32:16 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:

>>> It was not specifically tested since I didn't expect any breakage
>>> because of it. But I did it now for a basic wheezy system the upgrade to
>>> jessie (with the updated systemd packages) worked fine. The tightened
>>> dep on u-l seems to not cause any issues.
>>>
>>> I've attached the typescript from the wheezy → jessie dist-upgrade.
>>
>> Is that sufficient or do you still have concerns?
>>
> I'm definitely concerned about changing dependencies in the base system
> in stable, yes.  Is the parallel fsck bug that bad?

I would really like to include that fsck fix. Parallel fsck on rotating
disks is bad. It degrades the performance and we had reports from
concerned users, that their disks made very strange noises when the
heads where constantly repositioned.
This doesn't affect SSDs, but I guess HDD are still very common on a
typical server.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?