On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 08:53:56PM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

> Adrian Bunk asked whether mixing both OpenSSL versions into the same address
> space works fine. Is OpenSSL using symbol versioning?

Yes, and all symbols have a different version name in 1.0.2 and
1.1.0. (What is actually the important thing.)

> Is this situation
> supported or should we expect things to break? This can easily happen if an
> app
> links against a library libA which uses openssl 1.0, and against libB which
> uses
> openssl 1.1.

When linking you actually get a warning.

As far as I know, it should only break when they use dlopen().
They most likely won't be using dlvsym() in that case and then it
can pick any version. It could of course also break if they do
very weird things.

But I guess we'll have to see if something breaks or not.

Kurt