On Wednesday 23 November 2016 01:07 AM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> I am quite reluctant to give an exception to this. IMHO if it has to go in
> non-free with rdeps in contrib, that's better than not having those rdeps at
> all, and it can be improved to having them in main in the future when all
> issues
> are resolved.

It is now in contrib as recent upload of node-handlebars includes the
source code.

> Obviously if those issues can be fixed in time for stretch, then all the
> better.

We are trying our best, but its dependency chain is too long.

> But in order to make an informed decision, please answer these questions:
>
> Is libjs-handlebars the only package for which you are asking an exception?

Yes, fuzzaldrin-plus was recently built using grunt and browserify-lite.

> What is the exact issue with it? Is the only issue that you need
> webpack/node-browserify-lite to "browserify" (as in /bin/cat) it? Or do you
> also
> need to get it to use the packaged jison? Any other issues?

It needs babel (which needs gulp) before we try browserify. I think
browserify-lite won't be enough to browserify it and would need webpack
too (I tried using browserify-lite and it appears it did not concat all
the files, though I did not really test it with diaspora). With grunt
packaged, the build process goes past jison and now it is waiting for babel.

Summary,

1. jison - packaged
2. grunt - packaged (build process uses packaged jison with grunt)
3. babel - in progress (114 binary packages to be built from babel
source package, working on automating it)
4. gulp - in progress (needed for building babel)
5. webpack - not started (after we complete babel, we'll try again with
browserify-lite, but I don't think it would be sufficient)