Pirate Praveen <prav...@debian.org> writes:

> On 2016, നവംബർ 16 9:22:03 PM IST, Philip Hands <p...@hands.com> wrote:
>>Pirate Praveen <prav...@debian.org> writes:
>>Is this exception request again for a version of the package that is
>>still missing source that is being processed upstream with Jison?
>>
>>Namely:
>>
>>  https://github.com/wycats/handlebars.js/blob/v1.3.0/src/handlebars.l
>>
>>as mentioned in #830987, which you closed with the move to non-free,
>>but
>>which would need to be reopened if the package moved back to main.
>>
>>I note that you have resolutely ignored questions about the issue of
>>this missing source since July, no matter whether asked in various bug
>>reports, or on the lists, or directly by members of the technical
>>committee when the subject was before us.
>>
>>I would suggest that it would be reasonable for the Release Managers to
>>refuse any exception until a sensible answer is provided.
>
> Response is packaging jison, which is now available in main.

You appear to have missed my point.

The response I was hoping for was an acknowledgement by you that the
source is currently missing from this package, and some indication of
what you intend to do to address that.

I think it's entirely reasonable to request an exception for the case
where source is present, the tools are present, but you happen not to
have had time to provide packaging to process one with the other.

Missing source is a different case.

Cheers, Phil.