On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:03:47AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> [Let's assume that we can't find a powerpc porter in time for Stretch.]

Two potential porters stepped up, who might or might not be accepted.

> 1. Will `powperpc` automatically be downgraded to simple port ? Or is
> this also not automated and the port may simply be removed (eg. sparc)
> ?

Removal from the main archive isn't automatic, and assuming no serious
kernel or toolchain breakage, I guess there's no reason for such removal
to be hasty.

On the other hand, place in -ports (aka second-class architectures) isn't
automatic either, and relies on someone doing the work.

> 2. Apart from loosing the automatic debian-installer stuff, what else
> are we going to loose in that scenario ?

Security support and stable release.

--
A MAP07 (Dead Simple) raspberry tincture recipe: 0.5l 95% alcohol, 1kg
raspberries, 0.4kg sugar; put into a big jar for 1 month.  Filter out and