On 1/20/19 11:51 AM, Philipp Kern wrote:
On 1/19/2019 2:49 AM, Frank Griffin wrote:
I am trying to install *any* Debian s390 (currently 8.11) version on
Hercules.  I successfully boot the installer and configure the network,
and successfully ssh from my host system to the installer, but no matter
which mirror I pick I consistently get failures claiming the mirror does
not support the release.

I'd say you don't have internet connectivity from within the emulated
machine. At least DNS seems to be not working, hence wget complaining
about the hostnames.

Thanks Philippe, that makes sense.  I should have spotted that but I guess getting in with SSH gave me a blind spot as regards the network.  I'll try debugging this from an installer shell.