Hi Sébastien,

Your suggestion was correct - I was not aware of the --git-pristine-tar
option.  I don't think I would have found that option myself.

I've pushed the history-rewritten changes, so the tag upstream/0.0.20
should now generate a byte-identical tarball. I've also re-tested this
under cowbuilder.

As an aside : Is there some discussion as to why this is an option,
rather than the default?

Hopefully this is right/usable now...