I'm interested in packaging SeaDAS [1] as a Debian package, and
        since it relies on SDP Toolkit and the HDF-EOS libraries [2],
        I'm interested in packaging these as well.

        I believe I've a decent experience in building both SDP Toolkit
        and HDF-EOS and the only issue left unresolved is their legal
        status.  I'm now contacting developers in order to clarify it,
        and I've got a preliminary reply that these qualify as free
        software.  (Actually, the HDF-EOS source is included in the GDAL
        source package, which is in `main'.)  Once the conditions will
        be clarified I'll prepare the Debian packages.

        I'm therefore asking, whether there're any interest in having
        such a specialized software packages in Debian, and could anyone
        review and sponsor these packages for me (I'm not a DD) once
        they'll be ready?

[1] http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/seadas/
[2] http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/sdptoolkit/toolkit.html