Andreas Tille wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 10:57:22PM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
>>   Description     : graph isomorphism testing library, with command line
>> tools

>In which ouf our categories[1] would this package fit best according
>to your opinion?

I guess nauty in mathematics maybe libnauty-dev in
mathematics-dev. I'm not sure if the -dev tasks are intended to be
used for only packages that have no real UI, or if splitting the
binary packages from a single source package is a reasonable use.

>> Unfortunately upstream is not interested in relicensing the package.

>:-(

>Thanks for working on this (and ping me in case nobody else shows
>up as a sponsor)

I have also ITP'ed a DFSG free alternative (bliss) that seems quite
functional.  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=528925.
I guess it can also be added to the same task(s).

Upstream of polymake has agreed in principle to migrate, but
(surprise!) has very little time now.  So I think even as a build-dep
nauty will be required for one release cycle.  And in any case, it is
in some sense the standard software for graph isomorphism.

Perhaps it is time for a reminder or a link to how tasks work; I
confess to not paying enough attention so far.  Is it be possible for
members of the debian science team to directly edit debian science
tasks?

All the best,

David