Thanks for your help. I can build the package on buster and bullyseye.
Which distribution do you use? I find the version of softwares like
python is quite new.
> 1. I am under the impression that the Python package should be named
> 'ete3', not 'ete'. After installing the .deb package Python command
> 'import ete3' fails.
The upstream uses `ete` as the name of repository but they call the
Python package `ete3`. In their paper, they explain the number 3 is
the version and in their roadmap they plan to release `ete4`.
(https://github.com/etetoolkit/ete/wiki/ROADMAP). I think using a
version independent name like `ete` for source package and
`python3-ete` for library is convenient. How to do think about it?

The import error has been fixed.

2-5 has been fixed now.
> 6. Please consider maintaining this package under the umbrella of Debian
> Python or Science teams. To do so, join the appropriate team, move the
> packaging repository to their namespace, and adjust Maintainer and
> Uploaders fields in debian/control.
I have created a directory in
https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ete3 but I do not have
privileges to create a branch. Can you help on it?

Yours
zhaofeng-shu33

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 1:17 PM <mer...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> On 2020-07-02 17:23, zhao feng wrote:
> > ok, the warning has been fixed by 3.1.1-3
>
> Thanks for fixing lintian issues. I have cloned your repository, tried
> to build it, and ran into the following problem:
>
>    dh_auto_test -O--buildsystem=pybuild
>         pybuild --test -i python{version} -p 3.8
> I: pybuild base:217: cd
> /home/andrius/debian-packages/ete/.pybuild/cpython3_3.8_ete/build;
> python3.8 -m pytest -k "not test_ncbiquery and not test_skbio and not
> test_ncbi_compare and not test_get_topology and not
> test_01tree_annotation and not test_00_update_database"
> ete3/test/test_api.py
> ============================= test session starts
> ==============================
> platform linux -- Python 3.8.4rc1, pytest-4.6.11, py-1.8.1, pluggy-0.13.0
> rootdir: /home/andrius/debian-packages/ete
> plugins: timeout-1.3.3, cov-2.8.1
> collected 51 items / 6 deselected / 45 selected
>
> ete3/test/test_api.py ............................................Aborted
> E: pybuild pybuild:352: test: plugin distutils failed with: exit
> code=134: cd
> /home/andrius/debian-packages/ete/.pybuild/cpython3_3.8_ete/build;
> python3.8 -m pytest -k "not test_ncbiquery and not test_skbio and not
> test_ncbi_compare and not test_get_topology and not
> test_01tree_annotation and not test_00_update_database"
> ete3/test/test_api.py
> dh_auto_test: error: pybuild --test -i python{version} -p 3.8 returned
> exit code 13
> make: *** [debian/rules:9: build] Error 25
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit
> status 2
> debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I failed
> gbp:error: 'debuild -i -I -uc -us' failed: it exited with 29
>
> Do you know what might be the reason?
>
> A few more issues to address to address:
>
> 1. I am under the impression that the Python package should be named
> 'ete3', not 'ete'. After installing the .deb package Python command
> 'import ete3' fails.
>
> 2. Directory 'SQLite-Levenshtein' (SQLite extension for Levenshtein
> algorithm) should not be present in the .deb package, at least not in
> its current form. However, it could be packaged separately in the future.
>
> 3. If 'SQLite-Levenshtein' remains in the source, it should be mentioned
> in debian/copyright.
>
> 4. The copyright for ETE is GPL-3+.
>
> 5. Please consider licensing debian/ directory under the same license
> too to avoid possible license incompatibilities.
>
> 6. Please consider maintaining this package under the umbrella of Debian
> Python or Science teams. To do so, join the appropriate team, move the
> packaging repository to their namespace, and adjust Maintainer and
> Uploaders fields in debian/control.
>
> Thanks for your efforts to package ete.
>
> Best wishes,
> Andrius
>

Reply via email to