I think we all have a very limited free time to work on Debian.
At least it is my situation.

Newcomers are looking for reviewers/uploaders, trying to reach
a relatively large audience in d/science, sometimes for a very long
time without success. How will it work in a smaller team?

Doing some large transitions (vtk, boost, etc.) I am always very glad
seeing package maintained in a d/science because it is very easy
to make a tiny uploads, reaching the result very fast without filing
bugs, NMUs etc. All these official bureaucratic procedures  take a lot
of time and at the end slow down the process. Why do we want to
get a one-more team with own policy, necessity to be a member of it
doing such uploads etc. It makes things harder!

I have unsubscribed myself from most of the mailing lists (even from
debian-devel, sorry), leaving only important ones for me to save some
more time for QA-work, reviewing/sponsoring/uploading packages, fixing
bugs, setting CI-pipelines for salsa-repos etc.  Why do we want to spread
an energy/time writing new policy, moving packages etc?

My strong opinion is that new barriers (blends/teams/salsa-groups whatever)
will unlikely improve the total quality and amount of Debian packages.
For me it just means that I will probably need to file more NMUs, asking
other people for reviews etc... It is a pain and a waste of time. Sorry.

I will probably need to request membership in other teams due to
some QA or release-transition work, but....

Regards

Anton