Nick Name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all. I run a stable with some package from testing (XFree86 4.02 and
> konqueror).
>
> Some week ago in the morning I found my computer had been rebooted by
> night and found some zeroes in my syslog, just before the reboot.
> I first thought of a worm, the latest ramen variant (don't remember the
> name right now), but I didn't find any sign of it.
>
> I have changed my passwords, however I am using ipchains.
>
> Today my computer has freezed (!!!  Its a debian it really shouldn't :)
> ) and I found those zeroes again after pressing that big red button.

Hmm, sounds similar to what I experienced.  Have a look at

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0106/msg01977.html

and follow-ups for details.  I finally ended up blaming it on a bad
graphics card, switched to using the frame buffer and haven't had any
trouble since.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development

     Free Software: `No walls, no windows!  No fences, no gates!'