Look like I got this fixed. I had to reboot my machine that seemed
to do the trick.  My guess is that evolution cached some cert
along the way and only cleared it out when I rebooted.

hmmm. Unix does occasionally need to be rebooted. Go figure.

Thank for the help,

- Jeff

Maybe somebody else can help...
When evolution trys to connect to starttls I get the following in
/var/log/mail.log:
Sep 30 10:33:21 mail sm-mta[25586]: STARTTLS=server, error: accept failed=-1, SSL_error=1, timedout=0, errno=0
Sep 30 10:33:21 mail sm-mta[25586]: STARTTLS=server: 25586:error:1408F455:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac:s3_pkt.c:424:

Mozilla doesn't cause this error. and no other evolution user seems to
be complaining about this. But I can duplicate the error on all the
Debian sid boxes I have by just upgrading and then removing and
reinstalling sendmail. I've submitted a bug report to Ximian. Can
anybody help me by informing me of some way that I can obtain more
information about that first mail.log line? Why would the accept fail?
How can I find out what SSL_error=1 means?

Thanks, (Especially to Richard for dealing with the multiple avenues)

- Jeff