On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:18:57PM +0100, Dani d wrote:
> hello everybody.
>    I recently had a problem with drivers of my pc. The driver of the wifi
> sometimes it hung and the last time it broke my entire reiserfs file system
> and badly I've been able to recover. I would like to know if there is any
> way to run the drivers on some sort of secure environment so that it fails
> or is compromised not affect the rest of the system

This is one of the goals of microkernel based operating systems such as
GNU Hurd or Minix.

As for Linux, you can run Xen and have the wifi driver run in a separate
"driver domain". I never used xen for that particular purpose, so I
can't help you with that, but some papers seem to say this is possible.

regards,
--
Marcin Owsiany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216