On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:45 AM, [...]
>> I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of
>
> I don't think that makes you a jerk at all.

We are all jerks at times. It's part of being human and not
understanding the other guy's situation.

> IMHO one of the most
> serious deteriorations in our profession has been the rise of slapdash,
> non-technical, shoot-from-the-hip people to positions of power and
> control. Raising your eyebrows at this trend does not make you a jerk.
> It might make you humourless, but I'm sure that just applies to me :)

Trend?

Bill Gates?
Steve Jobs?

Trend, maybe, but nothing particularly new.

Managers manage by charisma more than by technical skill, even in the
"best" cases.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.