On Sun, 3 May 2015 15:57:31 +0530
bkpsusmitaa <bkpsusmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have an 7 years old computer still in pristine condition. I continue
> to use it with full satisfaction. However, when I tried to add a
> package I faced an issue. Since Security for lenny is no longer
> maintained, how do I install and use Lenny packages without the
> security key?
>
> I use Knoppix and my system runs wonderfully well!
>
> I searched both with your search-engine and that of google, with the
> following keywords searches:
>
> archived debian releases without security
> archived lenny without security
> archived lenny security
> archived debian releases without security site: lists.debian.org
> archived debian releases security site: lists.debian.org
> archived lenny security site: lists.debian.org
> archived lenny without security site: lists.debian.org
> archived lenny security site: lists.debian.org
>
> Was unable to find a suitable post. Maybe, there are. But I am missing out.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajib

do you mean to add to your /etc/apt/sources.list?
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian lenny main [contrib non-free]
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-security lenny/updates main [contrib
non-free]

Is there a newer version of knoppix? I find it hard to imagine a use case,
other than unsupported architectures, that would demand running such an
outdated version.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efr...@flashner.co.il>   אפרים פלשנר