I have only seen intelligence visiting my home when I left an offline computer around with HDD.

If you feel safe answering: what country was this in?  Your name and time zone suggest Germany/Austria/Switzerland, which I wouldn't have thought of as the kind of places that do this.

Though I also wouldn't have thought of Britain as the first place to have "help us spy and don't tell anyone, or we'll imprison you" legal orders until we were...

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/02/investigatory-powers-bill-and-apple

...which is one reason I prefer to stay away from maintaining security tools or other highly sensitive packages.

 Well, I am from Austria and most of what has happened and what you can read about took place in Austria:

https://www.elstel.org/CyberAttack-elstel.html.en

... with one exception: The cracked system, where they had replaced glibc and some system library files, was cracked in Puno, Peru while I had discovered the crack later on in Brazil. Some years ago I have sent out blue ray images with the cracked installed system as well as the RedHat SELinux packages used to install a clean system 1:1 where you can compare both systems, cracked and clean file by file. The sha512-sums of these blue ray images are still online at:

https://www.elstel.org/software/