Am 02.04.20 um 11:15 schrieb Lewis Yarema:
But we have the atea tool now. Haven't we? You can use it to download
via DNSSEC/DANE. And I believe Elmar is going to continue support for
it. Debian itself can always support DANE as long as there are working
DNSSEC impementations. Just provide a TLSA record. And I would believe
that to be valuable since the problem about DNSSEC/DANE support is a
bit like the hen and egg problem.

Yes, sure, I am going to support a̅tea in the future. Support of security related programs and especially of a̅tea have absolute priority for me. I do what I can. The program appears so important to me because according to my knowledge there is no other program you can use for download with user supplied security certificate. wget and curl do all require you to trust a possibly untrustworthy CA. Besides this you can use DANE without direct support by any program. I have described who to do that by use of dig or drill at https://www.elstel.org/DANE/.