On 12/04/2022 04:59, Friedhelm Waitzmann wrote:
You mean, that it is possible to run amd64 on my old hardware

1#

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 22
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU          440  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 1
microcode       : 0x43
cpu MHz         : 1229.629
cache size      : 512 KB

and

2#

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 1993.656
cache size      : 512 KB

?

And if it is indeed possible, how can I switch from i386 to amd64?  Can this be done with the apt tools?  Then during the migrating some packages will be from amd64 already while others will be still i386. How does that go right?

Celeron 440 for sure is 64-bit. Pentium 4 2.00 GHz I am not sure, there are many models and variations of this processor. Is it socket LGA775 also?

Celeron system I suggest to reinstall. Clean install, that is. Backup your /home partition and reinstall to Debian 11.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/