TooMany Mirrors wrote:
> There is nothing more that can be done in the bios as far as adding the
> cdrom etc. It is how it is and my only options right now are to figure
> out how to install linux after booting to a win98 floppy. :(
> I also fdisked the whole disk, so most of the "bios" features required
> the hardrive stuff which is no longer there. If I boot to a Debian
> floppy it just cycles the rebooting right after the Compaq splash screen.

Dunno it this will help or not, but I use it here.

If that thing has a CDROM on it, you can use the Windows "rescue" floppy
to boot to a command prompt "with CDROM SUPPORT".  On my WinME rescue
floppy, it is option 2.  Place a Debian CDROM in the CD player and let
the system boot off the floppy to the "A:" prompt.  Change over to the
CDROM drive letter (it will tell you which one it is) and go to the
install directory.  Run "boot.bat" and you are off to the races.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-