Hello all,

I'm a newbie in this debian world so please be patient with me.
I'm trying to undestand everything about debian before I can install them
and I was hoping that some one can answer my question.
It seems that debian has three ways to install packages.
1) dpkg
2) apt
3) dselect

My question is, when I first install the debian system, it scanned several
cds to update it's database for apt. If I start using apt, will it know
which cd to get the packages from? Will it also take care of any
dependencies that it may have? For example, if I installed the apache
webserver or the gnome desktop, will it install the appropritate packages
that it needs for it to run?

All help is greatly appreciated.

bp