On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 10:11, jeff wrote:
> was curious if there's any nifty documentation out there that would
> cover creating you're own debian distro. i would like to make one with
> all my favorite junk on it and pass it around to a handful of friends so
> they can play with it.

The way I would do it is to make a set of debian packages that encompass
my distro. Any extra packages needed I would make and have one pseudo
package named after the distro (eg. jmrsystem) that depends on all the
packages I wanted installed. Then you just do a normal deb install, add
a line to your /etc/apt/sources.list, and go apt-get install jmrsystem.

Have a read of the debian packaging guides.

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington