Hi, all --

I have a trash-able SuSE system I want to use to do a chroot install
of Debian before trying it on my LFS-based server.  I have extracted
the debootstrap package contents, have /mnt/suse81 ready to catch the
install, and have downloaded files to a handy /mnt/empty.

For my first try, I pulled down 'stable' to the tune of about 1.5G and
tried

  debootstrap --arch i386 --verbose stable /mnt/suse81 file:///mnt/empty/

(and also 'woody' in place of 'stable') but it puked on adduser.  So I
added

  --exclude=adduser

and it puked on apt.  Sheesh.

Going back again, I downloaded about 700M in sarge and tried

  debootstrap --arch i386 --verbose sarge /mnt/suse81 file:///mnt/empty/

with exactly the same results.

What do I need to download to get myself going?

TIA & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G